Timmy Reyes says that Huntington Beach is a wind factory and that all the wind in California comes from there, and from Oxnard too.
We're not sure if that's true.
But we believe him when he says it's good to be back in the water, riding a Dominator II, a shape that he describes as 'smoother' than his previous favorite shape from Dan Mann, the Spitfire.
As discused in this episode, the Dominator was a round tailed all-round shortboard by Dan Mann that came out in 2008.
The all new and updated Dominator II is a shape that Timmy describes as 'better in transitions' than the previous Dominator and the Spitfire as well.
This episode of The Wire Podcast covers much more than just the Dominator II, such as:
- Why Timmy wears a collard shirt every Monday, and what its like to not have a 'real job'.
- The fin system that Timmy says feels the loosest, and the fin system that Timmy says feels the most drivey.
- The reason that Timmy usually doesn't surf on foggy days.
- Why Timmy may 'un-retire' from competition this coming year in Santa Cruz.
- The Huntington Beach resident who surfs Huntington Beach Pier more than anyone (Hint: it's not Timmy)
- The way that Huntington Beach 'makes wind' like a factory.
...and much more.